The Dunfermline Branch of the Royal Air Forces Association first surfaced in 1946 as Branch No. 553. The Branch closed in 1951.
On 7 September 1998 the branch was revived as the 'Dunfermline and District' branch, retaining the old branch number of 553. At the inaugural meeting there were 31 prospective Members. This had grown to a stable number of over 80 Members. The merger with Stirling Branch has seen this increase to 117.
Following the merger with Stirling Branch on 1 March 2012 the Branch covers the area of West Fife,Clackmannan and Stirling for membership and welfare. Monthly meetings are held at the Royal British Legion Club in Dunfermline (pictured above).
For more information about the branch visit the following pages on our website (also available from website menu on left).